Formal Introduction Email

To: Brad Blackstone
From: Ho Pei Qi
Date: January 23, 2018
Subject: Formal Introduction Email

Dear Brad,

I am a second-year Hospitality Business undergraduate at Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT). It has been my pleasure being a student in your Career and Professional Development class. My purpose of writing to you today is to formally introduce myself.

Prior to my degree studies in SIT, I graduated with a Diploma in Restaurant and Culinary Operations. As my diploma suggests, I have great interest in the Food and Beverage (F&B) sector. During my diploma studies, I had the opportunity to partake in an internship at One Farrer Hotel and Spa as a trainee chef. Being in a safe school environment all my life, the kitchen was a scary place. The chefs were intimidating and extremely stern. However, it was this short six months that have taught me most in life. Aside from becoming more attentive to details and disciplined, I have also picked up some valuable culinary skills that will prevent me from starving in future.

During my time in SIT, I took a part-time job at Ritz Carlton as an In-Room Dining service staff. It was an eye-opening experience as I got to interact with guests from all walks of lives. This is where I learnt to create relationships with guests by engaging in conversations with them professionally. While there were many takeaways from my past experiences, I also came to discover my weaknesses as well. Even though I could engage in conversations with people individually, presenting to a large crowd gives me anxiety.

Being in the service industry, I personally feel that communication skills are essential for our jobs as it revolves around people. Therefore, from this module, I hope to learn to speak more confidently in a public setting and to communicate more effectively. 

Thank you.

Yours Sincerely,
Pei Qi

Posts commented:
1. Farhan
2. Rachael
3. Gerald

Comments

  1. Hi Peiqi,
    Glad that you decided to change from F&B to hospitality (which gave us a chance to meet each other in SIT yay!) Don't worry, presenting in front of a bigger group scares me also, hope that we can improve our communication skills through this module together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Pei Qi,

    Thank you for this clear, concise and interesting letter. It describes well your uniquely rich experience with a focus on F&B (and the stern chefs!). You cover all the assignment parameters in this letter, but you also add some humor, which I appreciate.

    In terms of language use, your grammar is fluent. There are only a few minor issues to take note of:

    1. overuse of caps
    -- a second-year Hospitality Business undergraduate
    -- with a Diploma in Restaurant and Culinary Operations.
    -- as an In-Room Dining service staff.

    I look forward to working with you further this term.

    Cheers,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pei Qi,

    I am always amused by you because you would always bring humour at the most unexpected places and time. I feel that you have a very strong personality and you would definitely make an impact wherever you go.

    I think its normal to be feel that way when presenting to a large crowd. But I guess its part of growing and I know you'll overcome this hurdle of yours.

    Regards,
    Farhan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Self Reflection: Interpersonal Communication Problems

Project Synopsis Draft 2